Saturday, September 11, 2010

Wyoming, Yeah Pronghorn, Yeah!

 

CanYNP 144 Now headed back northbound, I take a detour down Antelope Flats Road with a promise of more animal sightings.

Pass huge open fields decorated with isolated buildings, the Grand Teton Mountain Range provides another wonderful backdrop.

 

 

 

 

CanYNP 146 Specks of a herd of bison can be also be seen in the distance

 

 

 

Further along Antelope Flats Road, I spot a herd of animals moving at a fast curving run across the plains to the right of me. Making a left turn down another road, I park my car where I think I can intercept their path.

 

 

CanYNP 147 With the engine shut off, I get may camera ready and wait.

I almost guessed right as within in minutes after parking about 20 pronghorns go racing across the street behind me.

 

 

 

 

CanYNP 148 I manage to capture just a few shots.

 

 

 

 

 

 

CanYNP 149 Thinking the stampede is over, I relax to watch the herd disappear in the distance only to be surprised a few moments later.

 

 

 

 

 

 

CanYNP 150 Here comes a lone stud of a pronghorn

 

 

I think I get the idea what's going on here. This pronghorn is asking himself, why must I always chase the cat?

 

Austin Powers As Austin Powers would say, Yeah Pronghorn, Yeah!

 

 

 

 

 

 

No comments: