Sunday, November 11, 2012

Hawaii, Honolulu Cheap Transportation And Food

 

Arriving in Honolulu, I have a plan that will kill two birds with one stone. Leaving the upper level of the airport building I head over to the “City Bus” stop. A short wait and the No.19 bus arrives that will take me for US$2.50 to an important address in Waikiki.

With numerous stops along the way this is not the fastest way into Waikiki but the most economical that also serves as somewhat of a free introduction tour to the island. En route to my first stop, we past through Chinatown and in front of the Royal Palace. Both of which I am told are worth a visit.

This is my first trip back to Honolulu in about five years and as the surroundings become more familiar my taste buds are beginning to get that “Aloha” feeling again. Familiar to most island visitors, we finally arrive at Ala Moana Shopping Center. As I exit the bus, I head straight for Foodland.

I can already taste the sticky rice and fried chicken I remember from many years ago.

 

 

No comments: