Sunday, November 11, 2012

Hawaii, Goodbye Sunshine

 

In my experience some of the most beautiful sunrises and sunsets in the United States occur in Hawaii. For my first night in Honolulu I leave the Grand Waikiki and head for Queen Beach to capture another one of them.

 

2012-11-05 17.43.15As sailboats move across the orange horizon, I enjoy the views of Diamond Head and the Waikiki waterfront as I wait for hopefully the “Green Flash” of a Hawaii sunset.

Anytime along the beaches of Waikiki seem to be a fun and relaxing for everyone.

 

 

 

 

From boogie boarders and surfers enjoying the crashing waves to others like myself enjoying the view and the fresh ocean breeze this is an experience not to be missed. For me, it is always relaxing to listen to the sounds of the sea and watch as the sun displays its brilliant evening colors.

This evening there is no “Green Flash” as clouds hangs on the distant horizon. However, the soothing colors of the skies and the wink as the sun says goodbye makes for an impressive experience.

 

 

 

No comments: