Monday, July 23, 2012

Georgia, Like A Big A Pizza Pie, That's Amore!

 

 

AMS020 (2)

There's no more complete and versatile meal like pizza, especially when traveling. For the longest time my favorite pie was (and probably still is) from Ray's (Now Amadeus) on 8th Ave in New York near W 51st Street.

 

 

 

 

AMS021 (2)No trip to The Big Apple would be complete without a trip or two to Ray's and this goes back to the mid 1990's.

Nowadays, I don't get to visit New York as much as I would like or use to. However, like the moon hitting my eye, whenever I travel I am always on the lookout for a slice of heaven.

 

 

 

 

Recently, while visiting Savannah, Georgia I get a chance to refresh my memory of a good New York pizza at VinnieVan GoGo located at City Market. Touted as “The Best Pizza” in the city by one tour bus driver, I am not disappointed with a slice topped with fresh sliced tomatoes, spicy Italian sausage and a generous sprinkling of self added oregano.

 

 

191A VinnieVan GoGo Slice Of Heaven

 

If I cannot make it back to The Big Apple anytime soon then I would be glad to be hit anytime in the eye in Savannah at Vinnie Van GoGo. Now that's Amore!

 

 

 

No comments: