Thursday, January 10, 2013

Colorado, Lariat Loop

 

 

DEN 021Leaving Golden, Colorado I exit on 19th street and then join Lookout Mountain Road which is a part of Lariat Loop. It is not long before I make a stop and I am looking down on the town I just left behind.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

DEN 022Water Craves Canyon

 

 

With a little Mick Jagger and The Rolling Stones in the background, I get back in my car and continue my winding climb up Look Mountain Road to my next stop, a scenic viewpoint of Water Craves Canyon. Carved by glaciers many moons ago, once again the work of mother nature is awesome and captivating.

From the summit of Lookout Mountain if I knew what I was looking for I am sure I would agree with one famous American from “The Wild West'” who once shared the same view I am now fortunate to be taking in.

 

DEN 023William F. Cody once said that on a clear day you could see four states from here.

A few minutes of enjoying the view on a clear cool afternoon and I take a short walk across a parking lot.

 

 

 

 

 

 

DEN 024In some way I am going to pay my respect to “Buffalo Bill” born William F. Cody, an Indian Scout and Fighter, Colonel in The American Army who is buried here.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

No comments: